The Emergency Kit Every Household Needs
You can never tell when an emergency might hit your household. You want to be prepared for absolutely anything to keep you and your loved ones safe.
As a licensed retail pharmacy in California, we are responsible for keeping our clients safe and informing them on the proper ways to prepare for an emergency.
Below, we’ve made a list of things that your household emergency kit needs to make sure everyone is safe and sound when disaster strikes.
Every Household Needs
- A First Aid Kit
A reliable first aid kit includes the following items:
- Sterile gauze patches of various sizes
- Adhesive tape
- Non-adherent dry pads (for burns)
- Sterile cotton
- Cotton tipped swabs
- Sterile sewing needle
- Antiseptic solution or wipes
- Antibiotic ointment
- Aspirin and non-aspirin pain relievers
- Antihistamine tablets
- Antacid and anti-diarrhea medication
- A 5-day supply of all prescription medications for each family member
Visit your local medical supply store to purchase the necessary equipment.
For a more detailed first-aid kit list, you can look here.
- Water and Food
Have at least one gallon per person, per day. Stock up only non-perishable and easy to prepare foods. (3-day minimum, 2-weeks if space is available.)
- Other Necessities
- Personal hygiene items (toilet paper, feminine products)
- Cell phone charger
- Written contact information for family/friends
- Cash in small bills
- Two-way radios
- Copies of personal documents (birth certificates, driver’s license, deed to home or lease, insurance policies, prescriptions)
- Extra batteries
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
If you’re searching for a reliable pharmacy in San Leandro, California, you don’t have to look any further than Medical Arts Pharmacy.
Contact us today for details about our services and offers!